pine-cones
Friday, May 07, 2004
everything is good
After spending a week on the edge of some kind of abyss, tottering about on a cocktail of sleep deprivation and low blood sugar, everything is, indeed, good. Initially, there were three deadlines for today. Hence the soulbad. BUT: I've renegotiated one of my project deadlines for next week, finished a dissertation proposal to the satisfaction of my supervisor, and handed one in blind (that one was a job application - I emailed it to them to save time, and because I couldn't find an envelope. Or a pen, duh).

So maybe the job place aren't going to accept applications by email, but they were kind of ambiguous about it in the documentation: some of the forms had "if you submit this form by email" clauses on them, although there wasn't an official email address - or none that I could find. Bit of a risk, then, but what can you do?

Also, I'm peversely excited about my dissertation topic, although the novelty is bound to wear off at some point. If all goes to plan then I get to do a fair bit of travelling around northern England and the Central Belt, so that'll be a good use of a summer. Better than being stuck in a library. (Oh! the irony!)

Well, the lesson's learned. In future I must start my work on time.

But you know I won't. So the lesson isn't really learned at all, is it?
posted by pine-cones @ 19:45  
About Me

Name: pine-cones
Home: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Powered by