pine-cones
Saturday, May 28, 2005
blocked
I couldn't get back to sleep and drove over to the 24hr supermarket, not finding the marmite anywhere. When it came to paying for items, the dreaded amount was just over the coin allowance. "I'm going to have to pay for it by card". Except "the PIN got blocked, so I can't PIN it." The cashier stared ahead into the wilderness of plasma-screened till interface. Hiding-marmite paranoia sprung me, are they going to make me stay there until I guess the code or get taken away by security - not before you've put those products back on the shelves, young man. Stay back, cold sweats, as I assert myself over you! "What I mean to say is that the card got blocked, so I can't sign for it." In spite of my confidence, the cashier looks back as if I'm the dumbest customer of the night. "So you're saying that you can't use the PIN code, and you can't sign for it, but you still want to pay by card?".

Now look, cashface, where would you get an idea like that? Just because you've been on the night shift and served all manner of toads and weasels, are paid crumbs for your sleep deprivation and have even less career options than I do, there's no need to take it out on me.
posted by pine-cones @ 17:30  
About Me

Name: pine-cones
Home: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Powered by