pine-cones
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
post box poet


the text is "abandon all hope ye who enter here". this is pretty fine. i laughed.
try to imagine me laughing if you can't remember it actually ever happening.

here's the boring "i've got a blog, woo look at me" bit..
the quote is either a misquote or a direct translation from Dante Alighieri's poem The Divine Comedy. Don't forget that in the poem Virgil take the reader to Hell first (the text is said to be the inscription above the gates of Hell) and then to Purgatory and then to Paradise.

i'm trying to make it sound like i've read it but of course i haven't, i only read about it on the internet to try and make myself sound knowledgable. i did almost read it in school when i spent all my lunchtimes in the library but it was the one with illustrations by William Blake and that kind of put me off.
posted by pine-cones @ 18:00  
About Me

Name: pine-cones
Home: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Links
Powered by